On 3 April 2020 the Housing Minister, Julie James sent a letter addressed to all social housing tenants in Wales outlining the support available in response to the Coronavirus pandemic. You can read a copy of this letter here.
Are you experiencing financial difficulties as a direct result of COVID-19?
You can find more information on the support available here.
A message from Bro Myrddin to our residents
Protecting the health and safety of our People is our priority. Following Government advice in relation to Coronavirus our office is closed until further notice.
Office staff will work remotely and remain available by phone or email. (Opening Hours 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Thursday, Friday 8.30 a.m. to 4 p.m.) Outside these hours the normal emergency service is in operation.
Our plan of action….
· We will be completing emergency repairs only and will continue to carry out essential servicing to your home (Boiler servicing and 5 year electrical safety testing).
· Keeping you informed on our progress and position as an Association with regards to service delivery.
· Taking all necessary precautions where face to face contact can’t be avoided.
· Planning and making the required arrangements for staff to return to the office when it’s safe to do so.
What can you do…….
· Manage your account online via your residents portal at www.bromyrddin.co.uk, via your ‘My Bro Myrddin’ app or by contacting us by telephone on 01267 232 714.
· Tell us if you are self-isolating or have recently travelled to an infected area or been in contact with any person who is or may be infected by the coronavirus – this is essential if you have an outstanding repair or have an appointment booked with a staff member.
· Let us know if you’re having or expecting to have any difficulties paying your rent as a result of the Coronavirus outbreak.
· Be mindful that remote working is new for a lot of us staff at the office and that we may experience some technical issues whilst we get settled.
· Follow us on our various social media platforms to ensure you are kept fully informed on any developments with regards to service delivery. (Facebook, Instagram & Twitter @bromyrddinha).
· Follow the UK Government guidelines around avoiding all unnecessary contact to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
We fully understand the need to isolate yourselves will be difficult, especially for those living alone. Should you like to have a chat with someone, please do give us a call as we will be offering a telephone welfare call service that will give you a friendly voice to hear during this unprecedented time of need.
We are searching our communities for as many community groups that are offering essential services such as shopping etc. as possible. Get in touch as we’ll be happy to pass on this valuable information.
We would like to thank you for your patience during what is an extraordinary period for us all.