Bro Myrddin is committed to eliminating discrimination, recognising and celebrating diversity, advancing equality of opportunity and fostering good relations between our people and our communities, both in the provision of services and as an employer.
The Association’s chosen path for implementing and embedding its Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) principles is to create a natural environment for an inclusive culture to flourish and one where ‘FREDIE’ is recognised throughout our organisation:
- Fairness: The quality of being reasonable, right, and just.
- Respect: Having due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others.
- Equality: Every person has equal rights and every person has a fair chance. It’s an approach where there is recognition that different people have different starting points.
- Diversity: Diverse means different. We are all different so diversity includes us all. The concept of diversity encompasses acceptance and respect. It means understanding that each individual is unique, and recognising our individual differences.
- Inclusion: Where every person feels respected, valued and that they fit in with organizational culture.
- Engagement: Based on trust, integrity, two-way commitment and communication between an organization and its members.
Equally we are committed to the Equality Act 2010 which is unlawful to discriminate against a person or group of people because of their age, disability, gender re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We also recognise all relevant legislation which includes Human Rights, related Code of Practice and other statutory requirements.
Investors in Diversity Award
We are proud to announce that we achieved the Investors in Diversity Award on 9 December 2022.
As with everything, we always look for further improvement, and we have established an action plan to ensure we continue to evolve and fully integrate ‘FREDIE’ throughout our work and we will aim to implement those actions in line with the agreed timescales.